One of the most important aspects of web design is actually making the site usable for the average user. The look and feel of your website are just as important as the functionality so I have listed 14 Important Factors In Designing a Website so please take a look before you start designing your website.
1. Call To Action
- A call to action (CTA) is a prompt on a website that tells the user to take some specified action. A call to action is typically written as a command or action phrase, such as ‘Sign Up’ or ‘Buy Now’ and generally takes the form of a button or hyperlink. In digital marketing this can take the form of the text on a button (a CTA button) or a web link and in email campaigns CTAs are often links to a web page where the user can take further action
- The call to action is one of the Important Factors In Designing a Website. it is a key element on a webpage, acting as a signpost that lets the user know what to do next. Without a clear CTA, the user may not know the next steps to take to purchase a product or sign up for a newsletter and is likely to leave the site without accomplishing their task.
- A call to action makes it clear to potential customers which action to take next and helps remove friction in moving the user down the sales funnel. There can also be multiple calls to action on a page if there are multiple desired actions for the user to take.
2. Search Bar
- Let Users Find Things Faster
- People Will Navigate Around and Stay On our Site
- We Can Use our Search Analytics to our Advantage – If we can integrate our search bar into our Google Analytics, we’ll be able to see how often people search for a particular term. This information can be used to modify our page content, hierarchy, or design
- Its Mobile Friendly
3. Important Factors In Designing a Website – Home Page Link
- It is great if our site logo offers a one-click approach to navigating to our homepage. But we shouldn’t stop there. While more people than ever have learned to click on the logo to go to the homepage, many users still look for an actual Home link.
- To minimize homepage-navigation confusion, offer both clickable logos and actual Home links
4. Important Factors In Designing a Website – Social Proof – Clients Testimonials
- Clients Reviews is a must on the home page because testimonials add credibility to the products and services we offer
- People tend to trust online reviews when making purchases or a deal
- Social proof earns better SEO: Adds more favorable language surrounding your brand online
- Social proof is one of the Important Factors In Designing a Website that builds trust.
- When sourcing opinions from your client base, you show that you care about their experience with your brand, thus strengthening the relationship you have with your clients
5. Clients Logo Slider at the Home page
- Logos inspire trust in our brand
- We’re saying to potential customers, “trust us because these guys did”
6. Dedicated Blog Page
- Consistently creating content shows visitors that your website is active and maintained. It also conditions them to check back frequently, always looking for fresh content that can help them
7. Useful FAQs Page
- Digital Marketing Trends in 2021
- Why is SEO important for your business?
- Why do businesses need digital marketing?
- How to make a digital marketing strategy?
- Why choose xyz as your Digital Marketing Partners?
- Does xyz offer digital marketing services all over the world?
- What are the digital marketing services that xyz offers?
- What Makes xyz the best Digital agency and CRM software company?
8. Case Studies/Portfolio Page
- Instead of just placing the clients URL, we can write about the below-mentioned things
- What were the client’s requirements?
- What challenges did we face in the project?
- How did we overcome the challenges?
- The Entire Process
- Results obtained
9. Integrating With Social Media Platforms
- We need to make sure that we create an online presence via social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram &Youtube
- This builds a stronger online presence for our company
- Social media can complement our website – and vice-versa – by linking our social activities back to our business website.
10. About us page – Staff photos and bios
- People like to connect with people, not with brands or Logos.
- Customers want to see that there are real people running the business. They want to hear our story, verify our background, and see to who they’re giving their money
- We can attach our photos & Link them to our LinkedIn profiles so that we can build solid trust among our customers
- Trying to be as transparent as possible
11. Trust Seals in Package pricing & payment pages
- Improves credibility & trustworthiness of the website
12. Sales Funnel
- We can place horizontal opt-in forms and offer any one of the below-mentioned things as a sales funnel & get more leads
- Ebook on Digital Marketing Strategies
- Checklist on Digital Marketing
- Website Analysis / Audit
- Newsletter Updates
13. Usage of Exit Pop up Forms to collect more leads
- Exit popups reduce bounce rates by giving visitors a reason to stick around.
- Offering Free Website Audit or free checklist on digital marketing strategies or ebooks on digital marketing etc.
- A Chatbot Makes Your Website a Helpdesk with Zero-Waiting Time
- It Delivers Personalized Experience That Is High on Demand
- Elevates the Customer Service Level
- Helps with Improving User Engagement
Click here to listen to my podcast
Join our Telegram Group for updates from me
You might also want to read about
Why Do Most People fail In Digital Marketing
How To Get A Digital Marketing Job in 2021?
Want To Start Your Career In Digital Marketing 2021?
4 Replies to “14 Important Factors In Designing a Website”
Very informative article …. Thanks for sharing Keerthana
Thank you shreesha 🙂